I got tagged by
Post these rules on journal entry
- Each tagged person must post 10 things about themselves in their journal.
- At the end, you have to choose and tag 10 people and post their icons in your journal.
- No tag-backs.
1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is my favourite children's book. I cannot even begin to describe how much joy it brings me, even now at my age. My partner even bought me a plush toy of the caterpillar that I can hug and squeeze.
2. I used to have a phobia about lifts/elevators - possibly caused by a bunch of terrible movies I watched as a youngster where lift cables would snap and people would plummet to their doom. I'm not so fearful of them now, but do occasionally have nightmares about plummeting lifts that I'm in, or they rocket upwards. I'm sure it's symbolic for not feeling in control of my life.
3. I have a father with Alzhiemer's disease. Although he is still alive, I lost him about 2 years ago.
4. Spring is my favourite season.
5. Occasionally, I still eat paper. I think it's called Pica. I used to do it a lot as a child. I used to eat erasers and chew rubber bands as well.
6. My partner is my best friend. I don't know how I got so lucky.
7. Smoking is disgusting. I have never done it. Being forced to passive smoke in my youth has seen to that. It's right up there with recreational drugs in my eyes. However, I drink alcohol, so this probably makes me a hypocrite.
8. I punched my sister in the mouth when I was 11. She deserved it. I don't think I got punished, either.
9. Sex in TV and films shits me to tears. However, I am not adverse to porn. As long as it's good. And that's hard to find.
10. I wish for the power to blow people away. It is best that I don't actually have it, and one of the many reasons why I don't drive.